Have you dreamed about being able to correct your smile without sporting braces? Well, believe it or not, you can. Invisalign is a non-braces tooth-straightening system that is able to correct mild to moderate alignment issues. Available for both teens and adults, it is fast becoming one of the most popular options for orthodontic treatment.
The Key Facts
- Invisalign is a treatment method that has been proven effective and has been used in the US and world-wide for decades.
- It uses clear, plastic aligners that are both durable and comfortable.
- All aligners are custom made for the patient based on 3-D scans of their dental anatomy and the treatment plan the software generates.
- The doctor can modify this treatment plan if needed to deliver the best results.
- Patients who use Invisalign tend to finish treatment faster than those wearing braces.
- They also come to the office less often since they make adjustments on their own.
- Because they are made from clear plastic, the aligners are invisible when worn.
- Since they are removable, eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing remain the same as always.
- They must be worn for 22 hours each day.
- Speech adjustment comes quickly, so you will not sound different for very long.
- Aligners should be brushed whenever you brush your teeth.
- After treatment, retainers will be needed, as is the case with all forms of orthodontic treatment.
Ready to find out if Invisalign is right for you? Contact us to schedule your appointment.